Saturday 4 January 2014



JUST WHEN YOU STOP SEARCHING, THE SEARCH FINDS YOU

Let's go back oooo let's say 25 years ago..My creativity was always present either in the form of obsessing over that colour I created, or seeing video clips on MTV and wanting to create the wonderful outfits they all wore. I was always creative, however, was never quite sure what I was truly "great" at. I had not found my medium...or had I? 

After the birth of my first daughter, Allegra, I found myself (as many women do) feeling lost and confused. I spent over 20 years building a career in the fashion trade, only to feel betrayed. It was impossible to go back to my old job without making sacrifices that would essentially affect my daughter. I tried accounting. Surely that would provide me with the flexibility? Every one needs an accountant! 3/4 through my course, it hit me like a tonne of bricks. This was not me! After baking to pass time, I then spent hours and hours searching for "how to" websites and tutorials on cake decorating, cookie baking and all things sweet! I spent many years searching for my creative outlet, and in fact, it was always there. I just didn't consider it. Cakes and baking. That was it. That was my medium!

So, one post at a time. One recipe at a time. Some failures (monumental ones), some discoveries and SO much fun. 

I hope you enjoy each one of my posts during this journey of baking and self discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment