Monday 6 January 2014


HOMAGE TO ARSENAL
(AKA - ENGLISHMAN'S
 "LIVING IN SYDNEY" BIRTHDAY CAKE)

One of the biggest challenges in cake decorating is the cake for males. It is easy to design cakes that are pretty and feminine, however when it comes to males, I find this the most difficult to design. I am not the biggest fan of full on novelty cakes (gasp!) I know. I know. I hear you saying. They are popular, especially with children's parties. I just feel more at ease with a piping bag, some buttercream and a little bit of fondant when required..

So back to my project, the brief was pretty simple..."I need a cake for James' birthday". So, after trawling the Internet for some inspiration, I was left with either:

a) Some lurid adult cake (hmmm...I don't think so)
b) A piece of technological equipment (camera, iphone, watch etc)
c) A car

The answer was pretty simple actually. What is closest to a man's heart? His sports team. 

An Englishman takes his football (soccer for us Aussies) pretty seriously. He is an avid Arsenal supporter. So here is my homage to An Englishman in Australia!

Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment